Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday's Obsessions

Photobucket

Wednesday's Obsessions:


Shrimp Remoulade Fried Green Tomato Salad: Most nights I do the cooking; I really like being in the kitchen and I find it very relaxing.  However when it comes to frying I leave it to Seamus- who knew a skinny Irish boy could fry so well?!  Every once in a while I will find green tomotos at the grocery which means fried green tomatos!  Top it with shrimp remoulade (recipe) and bed of fresh arugula and you have an impressive Southern dinner- Yum!
      Seamus' Fried Green Tomatoes:
           1 1/3  cups flour
           1/3     cup corn meal
           2 1/2 tablespoons  Tony's
           1 1/2   tablespoons cayenne pepper
mix ingredients together then dredge 1/4"-1/2" thick slices of green tomato in mixture.  Meanwhile heat 1/4" peanut or vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat.  Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.  Drain on a cooling rack.  Enjoy!

Bond No. 9 Bryant Park perfume- This has been my signature fragrance for almost 5 years and I still love the way that it smells on me- I know that some people change their scents depending on the season but I use this one year round; it is subtle enough as to not overpower. 

Claus Porto Royal Iris Lavender Liquid Soap:  I found this soap while shopping at Earth Savers and has since been my go-to hand soap for the guest bathroom.  I love the smell of lavender, it seems so fresh and crisp to me. 

soapperfume

No comments:

Post a Comment