Tuesday, September 6, 2011

For the Hunters

Photobucket
                
Photobucket
                     Photobucket
Photobucket

Seamus and I spent our Labor Day weekend in New Orleans visiting with his parents and packing up the rest of our stuff that did not make it on the first truck.  We are both really excited to get our shipment this weekend; I am happy to get the rest of my furniture and Seamus is very excited to get the rest of his hunting gear- which got me thinking, "What am I going to do when he shoots one of these animals?"  Seamus likes to tease me and tell me that he is going to mount the animal heads all over the walls,  but I always tell him that's fine as long as it's isolated to his "area" i.e. man room.  To tell you the truth, I actually don't mind a bit of taxidermy regalia- the study in the first picture designed by Betsy Brown as seen in the new issue of House Beautiful shows that when done with restraint and in a neutral color palette, it can look more like a tasteful man room than a taxidermy shrine in the gun room at Cabela's (trust me, I've been...many times).  So I decided to do some research on how to implement these animal heads in the more common areas and to my dismay, I have to say I kind of like it.  I think the "European mount" looks really cool in the peacock blue room as featured in now defunct Dominio Magazine.   I love how it brings a masculine/feminine balance to the living rooms of Martine Chaisson and Lauren Santo Domingo.  So next time Seamus tells me that he is going hunting, I might have to pack him some goodies to ensure that he will stay out there long enough as to not come home empty handed...

StudyMartine Chaisson's Living Room as featured in Lonnypeacock blue roomLauren Santo Domingo's Living Room

No comments:

Post a Comment