Monday, January 9, 2012

Colorful Abode

I know, I know, I went MIA again, but this time I had a good excuse; Seamus and I just just got back from an amazing trip in Argentina with his family.  I knew the internet was going to be spotty in a few places and I didn't feel like lugging my laptop around so I took a quick siesta from blogging.  I hope to post the pictures soon from our trip.  I took a lot of the pictures in Buenos Aires, but once we got to the Patagonia region, Seamus took over with his fancy camera and took over a 1,000 pictures!!!! It takes a while to sort through them:) So in the meantime I wanted to share this adorable Charlotte, NC house that was featured in the new House Beautiful.  
How adorable is the breakfast nook?!  In the magazine, the walls look more sunny yellow and the fabric looks less mustard color but either way I love it.  The house was designed by Lindsey Coral Harper and I love her use of color and fabric in the house.  I actually have samples of a lot of the fabric that she used in this house.  The ikat fabric on the sofa is by Thom Filicila for Kravet.  And how inventive are those stools?  They are actually little side table from ABC Home and Carpet and she just put cushions on them to make them comfortable.  The grey and white fabric on the pillows is "knit" by studio bon- another favorite fabric company of mine.  
She used the same ikat fabric over the farm sink and I love the patterned floors- I think this is my new dream kitchen.
The living room is a little muted for my taste but I do love the Kathryn Ireland fabric that she used for the window treatment and the velvet bench looks so plush!
A close-up of the Kathryn Ireland fabric.
The grass cloth wall covering adds so much texture and that Glass Bubble chandelier is divine- such an interesting piece.
The master bedroom is surprisingly muted and calm but I actually like that; I think its necessary to have at least one part of the house that has a calming effect on you.  I love how she carried the yellow and grey into this room but with very restrained and muted colors. 
Awesome bath- enough said.  And I'm wild for lucite.  And Waterworks sinks. Swoon!
This is such a luxurious guest bedroom.  The Roman shades are a favorite and those bone inlay side tables are pretty spectacular.  I also spy another favorite fabric- the bedskirt is done in Jaybee by Alan Campbell.  

Images via housebeautiful.com



No comments:

Post a Comment