Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Golden Globes

I am such a girl when it comes to awards shows; my only real interest is to see what everyone is wearing and then I change the channel.  This year, like every other year, there were some really great dresses and a few not so much.  So in my humble opinion here are the fashion winners and losers of the 2012 Golden Globes:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stacy Keibler (Valentino): That girl can wear a dress!  Her's was on the more simple side but I still thought she looked really beautiful. 
Julie Bowen (Reem Acra):  I thought she looked so girly and ethereal.
Dianna Agron (Giles): This leather laser cut dress was really out of the box, I love the she takes fashion risks.
Photobucket
Viola Davis (Pucci): She was one of my favorites- I thought the the color of the dress against her skin tone was beautiful.  I loved everything about this on her.
Claire Danes (J. Mendel): I really like that she always wears such structured dresses, I imagine she works really hard to have that figure and I really love that all of her dresses really show off her shape (and tiny waist!)
Shailene Woodley (Marchesa): Another lovely and ethereal dress although I wish she would have worn a necklace or bigger earrings. 
Photobucket
Michelle Willaims (Jason Wu): She always looks amazing, She and Claire Danes are always my top two to see on the red carpet.
Heidi Klum (Calvin Klein): She always looks so carefree and effortless in her dresses and I am loving the turquoise jewelry.
Helen Mirren (Badgley Mischa): I swear this woman does not age! She looks so amazing and appropriate, another favorite of mine for the night.
Photobucket
Salma Hayek (Gucci): Incredible - enough said!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lea Michelle (Marchesa): Ok so I know a lot of people might not agree with me on this one but I saw this dress and I instantly thought "Dynasty does Skating with the Stars"  
Jessica Chastain (Givenchy Haute Couture): This is another one that people thought was really great but I just thought it was ill-fitting.  I have seen pictures of her at other awards shows and she is tiny but this dress just looks a bit too tight; the dress, in my opinion, does not seem flattering on her waist and hips.
Sarah Michelle Gellar (Monique Lhuillier):  just not digging the tie-dye.  I read that her daughter picked this out, which is very sweet, but I just think the execution is all wrong. 


So who were your favorites...and not so favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I was and still am OBSESSED with Claire Daine's dress!! love love love!!

    ReplyDelete