Monday, October 3, 2011

So Proud

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I can't believe that Seamus and I have been in Baltimore for 3 months already; it is becoming more and more like home everyday.  No matter where we finally end up, I think both us will always have a special place in our hearts for New Orleans.  It is where he went to medical school and did his residency, it's where I went to law school, we met at the Columns, got engaged in Audubon Park and we are getting married next year Uptown .  I am always thrilled when New Orleans is spoken positively about in the media- the city has been through so much and it is better than ever due to the people all over who love and cherish the city.  So I was delighted to find that a beautiful French Quarter cottage was featured in the new House Beautiful.  The Interior Designer, Susan Noble Jones did an absolutely amazing job with this house. Apparently, the owners of the house  are transplants form Mississippi as their former house in was washed away in Katrina. When asked by HB why her clients decided to move to NOLA, Jones replied, "I think because the city is so alive.  It has that happy-go-lucky feeling of 'Live life to the fullest.'"  I love the way she decorated the house in neutral tones but with pops of orange, the house seems so inviting and warm.  The paintings from Margaret Evangeline and Andrée Carter are so gorgeous.  I also love that she made a conscious effort to do the house in a nontraditional way; so often I find that the houses in New Orleans, while lovely and stunning, feel a bit heavy with all of the antiques.  Jones mixed antiques with new pieces and modern art in way that makes it look really layered and cultivated.  The backyard is to die for- can you imagine how fun it would be to have bar-b-ques out there??!!  And last but not least, the final picture is my favorite, you have to look closely but above the bathtub is a papier-mâché sculpture of shoes by Christina Chalmers.  Can you imagine a more glamours and grown-up bathroom?!

No comments:

Post a Comment