Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Purple & Green

    Photobucket
My guest bedroom has been giving me a bit of trouble.  The main furniture in the room is a marble topped dresser with green accents and a white brass and iron bed.  I knew that I wanted this room to be a bit more playful but could not decide on the direction.  While talking with my mom she suggested Purple and Green.  No way!- I thought- that's one color short of Mardi Gras.  But after doing some research, I had to admit she was on to something.  The Rio fabric has been one of my favorites for some time and I love it with the periwinkle, as featured in House Beautiful.  I also love the more vibrant purple with the green "Nitik II" by China Seas in the room designed by Christina Murphy Interiors.  I'm sold, what about you???


room 1 room 2

3 comments:

  1. You could say lavender & sage and it won't sound as Mardi Gras, but it's a pretty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! How inspiring! I also would have never thought of this color combination for a bedroom. I love it though! So serene, cheerful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete