Monday, November 7, 2011

If I lived here I would wear this...




I was flipping through my new Elle Decor the other day and I came across this amazing NYC apartment.  It belongs to the uber stylish newly-wed couple Claiborne Swanson Frank, a photographer, and James Frank.  When she moved in he gave her carte blanche to do whatever with the empty apartment but did give her one helpful resource- his mother who happens to be a contributing editor at Elle Decor- I die!  So I thought- if I lived in this fab NYC apartment, what would I wear?  And above is what I came up with.

I love all of the natural light coming into the apartment and I also love that it gives off a fun and youthful vibe.  The furniture and curtains are neutral but through the use of pillows (I spy Madeline Weinrib!), flowers, books, accessories, the place is anything but boring.  Also that leopard x-bench is pretty incredible!

The new bride in front of a painting by Russell Christoffersen.

 

How cool is that bowl on the dining room table??

 
I love a galley kitchen.  I spy two of my favorite things: a huge slab of Carrara marble and a Viking range and oven

 
This guest bedroom/office is so practical and inviting.  I really like that she mixed some mainstream furnishings with more expensive ones.  She purchased the daybed from Ballard Designs and the desk is from Williams-Sonoma home.  But that Madeline Weinrib rug- that is amazing and I am sure well worth the splurge!


No comments:

Post a Comment