Monday, August 29, 2011

Yellow and Black

             Photobucket

After such a dreary weekend on the East Coast, I thought it would be good to start of Monday morning with some cheerful images.  When I think of yellow and black the first thing that comes to my mind is Batman!  But these interiors have actually made the color combo work.  David Jiminez's Palm Beach home is so beautiful.  He managed to soften the otherwise harsh colors of yellow and black by using gray as the main color and and inserting pops of yellow and black to give it depth and dimension.  And those chairs!!! I love them!  Jenna Lyon's brownstone has been a perennial favorite on the blog world.  I love how her stuff comes together in such a haphazard way;  if someone told me that they were doing their living room with a chandelier, a zebra rug, a bright yellow sofa, and sheepskin throws, I would think that was the making of a hot mess.  But J. Crew creative director puts it together in a way that looks so layered and striking.  And last but not least is one of my favorites, the Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs by Kelly Wearstler.  I love the look of this hotel room - it is so crisp and clean.  I love how the main focus of the room is the pair of chairs; the white walls, white bedding, white ceiling, all instantly draw your eyes to those killer chairs.  Happy Monday everyone! 

David JiminezJenna Lyons living roomHotel Viceroy

No comments:

Post a Comment